Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

I Don't Condone Violence, But I'd Understand...


Thanksgiving means football, but something that happened a couple of weeks ago merited a discussion. An 8-year-old Jets fan in Cleveland was tackled by a drunken Browns fan after their game. 8 years old, people!

The boy went to the game at Cleveland Browns Stadium in a Jets jersey with his father, who is from New York. The Jets came back in spectacular fashion to win the game in overtime.

As the family was leaving the stadium, the drunk began cursing the kid for his jersey and throwing food at the family. Once outside the stadium, the drunk tackled the kid and left him on the ground crying with scrapes and bruises.

Now, the husband didn't retaliate (which was the correct decision although I doubt I would have made the same decision), but where he lost me is when he didn't call the cops either. He put the family in the car and they left abruptly.

Huh!!!??? Some drunk assaults your child and you can't even call the cops? The only reason we know about this incident today is because your wife called the Cleveland newspaper and told her story?

On top of not defending your son, you allowed this drunk to go unpunished for a heinous act. I'm not sure if I'm more upset with the drunk or the dad. If the dad would have gone to the car, put his family in it and returned with a tire iron from the trunk, I think most people wouldn't be upset with him. I don't condone violence, but I'd understand if he had a temporary bout with rage and decided to take it out on the drunk.



Again, that would have been the wrong decision to make and I would applaud him for taking the high road had he not taken the coward road and fled the scene like a little punk! If you can't swing on the man who attacked your son, then at least call the cops and bring the loser to justice so that no other child suffers the same fate.

I don't even have a child and I'm mad. Am I overreacting on this people? Chime in below or here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog