Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

2010: Year In Review (Apr. - Jun.)

Here's another look at some things that went down in 2010 that I thought were worth mentioning:


4/20 BP = Broken Pipes - It's sad that most of the news photos we saw were of animals covered in oil. We seem to forget that people lost their lives due to this accident. I haven't seen too many of the victims' photos, but I've seen enough pelicans to last a decade. BP leaks oil all over the beaches of five states and still makes a ton in profits. What's wrong with that picture? Then again, gas is higher than giraffe booty this month.

Worth mentioning: 4/21 Big Ben suspended - Drunk Boy is at it again. More charges come up for Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger which results in a four game suspension. He wasn't charged, but where there's smoke, there's fire. He's now been accused multiple times of forcing himself on women. One thing I can confirm about him: this dude is dumb.


5/9 Betty White hosts SNL - I'm not sure when the rule changed, but evidently old people cursing is now considered comedy. As big of a fan as I am of the "Golden Girls" reruns, seeing Betty White being obnoxious just isn't funny to me. To me, Betty winning the AP's Entertainer of the Year award is more of a "last hurrah" effort on the AP's part for a person making one last run.

Worth mentioning: 5/23 "Lost" finale - I'm so glad this show is over! For those of you who haven't watched it yet, SPOILER ALERT! Okay, not really. I stopped watching about four seasons into it so I can't even tell you how it ended or if it even ended. I got so tired of the show introducing new characters and story lines that I hit the eject button on ol' John Locke and "Hurley". I felt like I was the one that was "Lost" trying to figure out why they kept pushing that button. SPOILER ALERT OVER! Uh, not really.


6/3 Joran van der Sloot arrested - Joran, suspected in the murder of American, Natalee Holloway, in 2005 was arrested for the murder of Tatiana Flores Ramírez. Natalie Holloway grew up in the town next door to mine and although it was never proven that Joran was responsible for her disappearance, like O.J., I'm giving him credit for being a double murderer now that poor Tatiana adds to the list of women who have bad things happen in his presence. Ramírez's body was found beaten to death in a hotel room in Peru paid for by van der Sloot. Video caught Joran entering the room with Ramírez, but she never came out. He admitted to Ramírez's death days later, but then took the confession back. I hope his cell mate is a 6'8", 320 lb. sex addict.

Worth mentioning: 6/9 Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup - As a sports fan, I think that the Stanley Cup is the most exciting trophy presentation in the history of sports. Chicago won their first Stanley Cup in roughly 50 years. That's quite a gap in between titles and the city hasn't celebrated much since Michael Jordan was relevant. Then again, to be fair, Jordan still has an impact on the nation. Here's an impact Jordan has on our youth:

Thanks for making our children stupid with your overpriced shoes, loser! $180 for something it probably took $2 to make. Yeah, that's the American spirit. You'll never be on the level of Muhammad Ali, Bill Russell or Jim Brown. You may have changed the game of basketball, but those men changed the world.

(Dag, how did this turn into a Michael Jordan blog slap?)

Check out Jan. - Mar.
Check out Jul. - Sep.
Check out Oct. - Dec.

Search This Blog