Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

How Can I Cash In?

I'm jealous. Like Wanda Sykes, "Yeah, I Said It!" I'm bitter. Why, you ask? Because I'm tired of rich people making more money on top of what they already have for saying some of the same things that I say. Steve Harvey, Dr. Phil, Reverend Run, etc. I'm jealous of them. I want to cash in on my knowledge, too.

I can give good advice to a co-worker/friend and it will fall on deaf ears. But, doggone it, let Steve Harvey, a man on his third marriage, tell a woman to "respect yourself" and they run to Barnes & Noble to buy his book.



I don't get it. You can't be insightful unless you're already famous? You have to have starred in a certain number of TV shows or movies in order to have credibility?

Ex-con, Lyfe Jennings, took the radio airwaves by storm with his "Statistics" song. He sang about the type of men a lady will meet and how to not "be a nickel looking for a dime." The song was being played every where right before he went back to jail for getting into an altercation with the mother of his child. Now's he's a "Statistic." Again. Yet, his lyrics are still tweeted daily.



So, yeah, I'm bitter. I haven't had multiple marriages. I don't have any baby mamas nor do I hit women. Doesn't that make me more of an expert since I generally practice what I preach? I want my next pay check to be from some common sense statement I made in a blog. For example: "If he will cheat with you, he will cheat on you."

Where's my dough? If Reverend Run tweeted that same statement then he would have more retweets than a stuttering baby bird.

If there's money to be made in common sense, why can't the guy with "Common Sense" in his blog title make any? How can I cash in?

Maybe I should go the route of some of my peers. I take a lot of pride in some of my fellow bloggers who have turned their thoughts into books (or are in the process of doing so):

My man, Sid, down in FL has a book or two at Barnes & Noble. One of my new faves, Tameka, is doing her thing with "The Writing Assassin". It's very good and I wish I everyone would follow and support her. Scott gives a lot of outside-the-box perspectives on his blog as well.



We all need to rise up and get our pay checks! No sense in already-famous people getting all of the attention for saying some of the same things we've posted.

Now, if I can only get Dr. Phil to float me a loan to help publish my book...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog