Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Finding Motivation

Growing up, I’ve always been one to work for what he wants. I’ve won academic, music, sports and career awards in my life. I’ve dated quite a few attractive women despite being far from a Denzel. Far.  Yet, there’s one thing that I just can’t seem to shake: my weight.

I’ve been chubby-to-overweight since I was old enough to remember. I was always athletic up until around the age of 30. Now, I can’t seem to find a way to help me regain even 25% of the motivation that I once had to get out and do something physical. I’m the type of guy who has always believed in working hard for everything that I have. I understand that efforts tend to pay off with results.

So, why is it so hard for me to do what I need to do to be healthier and in better shape?

I have the motivation and commitment to eat healthy when I want to do so. I’ve challenged myself to going periods of time excluding certain unhealthy food items with little-to-no problem at all. But, why does exercise escape me?  Why will I not take just 30 minutes a day to do something that will benefit me in so many ways?  I offer tons of advice to people who seek it, yet I can't seem to give myself any that works more than 48 hours.  I know that once I get started, then I'll keep it up.  But "getting started" for me means being consistent for at least a week.

I know the health consequences of being overweight.  I know the benefits of being slimmer from a social standpoint.  So, tell me what in the world is stopping me?  Well, I hope that you can help me out with that.  I’m the one looking for some help for a change.

What can you suggest that will help me get motivated to “move something?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog