Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Murder Mystery Anyone?

Last week, The Lady and I were fortunate enough to take part in a murder mystery dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. It's a steakhouse named "Char" and normally the magnet to it is just the food and service. However, I think that I'm now hooked on murder mystery dinners!

The name of the group that put on the performance is called The Detectives. They perform across the city at different places including private parties.  Basically, you order your meal and in between salad, main course, and dessert, the actors put on a performance.  They act out a story involving a murder and it's up to you and the people sitting at your table to solve it.

Now, this isn't anything new, however, it's new to me.  It was my first time attending one and I enjoyed it immensely.  I went into the event thinking that I would only get pleasure from actually solving the crime (which our table did), but it was much more to it than that.  The performance itself is extremely comical and entertaining!  I laughed a lot more (and louder) than I expected.

So, if you ever get the opportunity to see one of these, then please do.  I hope to attend the next one in town a couple of weeks from now.  The photo below is a picture of me and one of the performers whose character's name was "Goldie."  She ended up being the murderer, but who wouldn't want to be stabbed with a letter opener from someone who looks like this?

Ever done a murder mystery dinner?  If so, what did you think of it?

(By the way, I'm sitting down, so don't think "Goldie" is freakishly tall or anything.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog