Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

I Got Her Hooked

She knows that she wants it.
Oh, yeah.  Who's the man?  I'm the man.  I got her hooked and there's no denying it.  She can act like she doesn't care all she wants, but I know differently.  I know that she wants it multiple times per day and that she can't control herself.  She wakes up out of her sleep and thinks about it.  She wants it before and after dinner.  Even after the first session, she watches the clock waiting for more.  My lady craves it.

Wait.  You dirty-minded scoundrels.  No, I'm not talking about sex.  I'm talking about how I introduced my lady to Candy Crush.  I won't lie, the photo I attached probably didn't help your wandering minds, but I like to be misleading like that from time-to-time. #Gotcha

Yes, she is hooked on Candy Crush and it's my fault.  She held out as long as she could, but decided to give it a try shortly after Christmas.  Now she fusses when she's stuck on a level and gets even more agitated when she runs out of lives and has to wait 30+ minutes for more of them.

I was once hooked on the sweetness that is Candy Crush.  It felt different than Angry Birds.  That limitation of lives creates more of a sense of urgency in playing.  However, like most things, I got used to it and learned to control my need to have it.  Now I usually only play a couple of times per day during the week.  I'm too busy on weekends with football to care about it on gameday.  But, it's the ultimate way to pass time while sitting in a line or at a doctor's office.

Her addiction is hilarious at the moment, but I'm sure at some point I'll start to hide her iPad so that I can help curb her addiction.  Then again, she'll probably get over it herself. Once she gets past Level 35 and finds herself closer to Level 100, then the thrill will slowly dissipate.  It's just a matter of time for the newness to wear off. :)

I'm glad that she's not THIS hooked on the game!

Is there a game that has you hooked?



6 comments:

  1. I must be the only person that just doesn't get this Candy Crush craze. I downloaded it maybe a year ago, played it a couple times and deleted it. It felt like a bad version of Bejeweled to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought, Tiffany. I avoided it for a long time, but finally gave in. Now it's my favorite phone game. It's great to pass time if you're in line or something. It's a lot more challenging than Bejeweled once you go through a few levels.

      Delete
  2. I totally don't get the hype. I mean it's OK and all but WOW, to hear the way people speak about it! Oh, and yeah, you got me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Nice to know that I could pull the wool over your eyes!

      Delete
  3. I must admit, I do enjoy the game very much.It's very relaxing but most of all it is a good brain teaser.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog